Tuesday 21 August 2007

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday wherever you are.

I am a day early sweet man, but I am sure that in the heavenly realms of Paradise, time is irrelevant - so you will be thankful for the wishes.

You spent your last birthday with me - hard to believe that it is a year ago. There are times when all this seems so far away and moments when it feels like you just left us yesterday; the yo-yo effect of grief, sadness and the receding shock.

I can only hope that you are somewhere; it feels somehow wrong to imagine that you ceased to exist - certainly not for the small circle of those who held you dear and loved you unconditionally. We still remember you every day. You have become the backdrop to our lives, the constant in your absence - strange how that can work, but let me assure you it does.

I hope you hear us when we mention you, think of you and recall you. Just wish we could have you back.

So the missing goes on - we still love and laugh when we think of you; it's just the living part that has ceased.

Anyway, big man - you are still here in spirit and our birthday gift to you is remembrance and love.

In infinite amounts.

No comments: