Wednesday 17 June 2009

Assuagement

An interesting word and one which I have been contemplating of late.

The process of mitigation
To relieve a burden or stress
To render something less painful
To ease or remove guilt

Literally, from the old Latin, to sweeten.

Interesting!

I have come to see that our burden of loss has somehow been assuaged by all those external agents which affect us: life, time, friendships, family, and dare I say it, work.

It is then something to be grateful for, all those distractions and demonstrations of affection and more which ease the burden of loss and the sense of pain.

What is certain, is, that through all this mitigation, it is still there. I guess we just carry it better now; as though we have learned to wear it well, after a fashion.

I wish yours could have been assuaged in some way.

1 comment:

Guru Indonesia said...

thanks john
greetings from jakarta
best regards,
ruanguji