Friday 20 April 2007

Milestones

20.04.07

Today is my 39th birthday. It is certainly the strangest and saddest one I have ever known. I could curse you sweet man, because you know how much I love celebrations.

Just a few more thoughts from Mitch Albom today to keep us going. These words seem very appropriate:

"People, they say, “find” love, as if it were an object hidden by a rock. But love takes many forms, and it is never the same for any man and woman. What people find then is a certain love. And Eddie found a certain love with Marguerite, a grateful love, a deep but quiet love, one that he knew, above all else was irreplaceable. Once she’d gone, he’d let the day go stale. He put his heart to sleep."

“ There was a reason to it all, “ she said.

"….you were the best person any of us knew and you died and you lost everything. And I lost everything."

“ No you didn’t. I was right here. And you loved me anyway.

Lost love is still love. It takes a different form, that’s all. You can’t see them smile, or bring them food, or tousle their hair or move them around a dance floor. Bu when those senses weaken, another heightens. Memory. Memory becomes your partner. You nurture it, you hold it, you dance with it.

Life has to end, “ she said. “ Love doesn’t.”

I am thinking of you today, John, just like I do every day.

No comments: