Saturday 31 March 2007

Do the Math

To coin another of your favourite Americanisms and in view of my recent penchant for all things arithmetical, I thought I would post a simple statistical analysis of our union.


20 years and three months of interrupted and resumed friendship
16 months of continuous contact until the time of your death
90 complete days spent together
1,000 plus emails exchanged
660 hours of phone calls - give or take the odd minute
6,000 plus text messages - a staggering amount - thank God for free text bundles!
20 cards between us, detailing various exchanges of mutual affection and congratulation
5 books proffered as gifts between us
4 DVDs from you to me
6 DVDs from me to you
3 CDs to bolster your spirits

An infinite amount of love

and

One great man who is very sorely missed every single day.

No comments: