Sunday 18 March 2007

Post Mortem Messages

18.03.07

After death. The messages after your death have been multifarious and manifold.

There is the obvious sadness that you have gone - that you died at such a young age and of course the unspoken horror at how you died.

There is the sense of senselessness; the waste of a good life and a great man.

And still we wait for messages. There are none yet and I wonder how long it will take before we begin to settle into this new present. Minus you.

Two days ago, I picked up my phone and checked the missed calls list. Three from you. The adrenalin started running all over again as I tried to reason how you could be calling me if you are dead.

There are two explanations: you can make calls from the other side - which as much as I want to believe it, I very much doubt!

And the other one is that your phone has been claimed by your next of kin (your estranged, soon-to-be-ex wife) and that she is calling me. Nice!

I am of course considering what to do next. Rest assured that I won't be as sweet and understanding as you were. Harassment is harassment and, I believe, a criminal offence. So if I have to, I will take action. It's clear that her life revolves around a certain type of obsessive behaviour - pernicious, noxious, pervasive and unrelenting - as we witnessed with you.

I can assure you that the buck will definitely stop with me. I promise you that.

No comments: